Successful Negotiation of Lease for Restaurant in Buffalo, New York
Our client came to us to do a quick lease review to make sure their interests were protected. Luckily, our client reached out to us before they executed the lease, as it was heavily one-sided against them with terms that could have destroyed their business.
We needed to move quickly and negotiate acceptable terms before the landlord offered the space in a highly desirable area to another tenant.
- Identified key terms unfavorable to our client
- Drafted language to protect our client and limit the client’s exposure to liability
- Negotiated terms that were fair and reasonable for the scope of the relationship
- Pushed for a tenant improvement allowance to cover the costs of our client’s work to the premises, including new paint, flooring, and upgrades
- Crafted an exit strategy
- Executed a lease that all parties could agree to
We successfully negotiated and drafted a lease that protected our client and gave our client the security of an exit if needed. We dramatically reduced our client’s exposure to liability long-term and reduced their costs over the course of the lease. If they had not come to us, they would have been locked into a space they paid thousands of dollars to improve with no recourse if the landlord failed to uphold its obligations.
Back to All Cases